2019-2020 Enrollment Information:
Returning and preregistered students are required to complete enrollment online. Beginning July 17, the enrollment link will be active within the Family Access Skyward portal - click here to log-in.
*New students must enroll at their attendance center. More information can be found below for new families to USD 428.
Enroll in person:
Elementary, Kindergarten through 6-grade: Parents and guardians are invited to visit their neighborhood elementary school in person on the following dates to complete online enrollment with assistance and pay fees. Please visit our school boundaries map if you are unsure which elementary school you should attend.
- August 6th: 1 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- August 7th: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Great Bend Middle School (7th & 8th grades) and Great Bend High School (9th - 12th grades): On the dates below, parents and guardians are invited to their respective school building in person to complete online enrollment with assistance and pay fees.
- August 6th - 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- August 7th - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
New Families to Our Schools:
Our goal is to make your transition into Great Bend Schools a positive experience!
We have friendly staff at each building prepared to help our new students get settled comfortably into our schools. Students new to the district should register for admission as soon as possible by going to the school building. At the school building you will be asked to provide a proof of residence, complete the necessary paper/computer work and pay school fees.
If you have questions about which elementary school your child will attend, please consult the boundary map, or call our District Education Center at 620-793-1500.
Kdg: 5 years of age on or before August 31
What you will need:
- Proof of Address: Acceptable documents include a current utility bill (gas, water or electric) showing the student’s address, or a current rental or purchase agreement. If these documents are not available, an affidavit signed by the parent or the enrolling adult will be accepted.
- Proof of Name and Age: Acceptable documents include birth certificate, baptismal certificate, family Bibles that dutifully record births and deaths, or other hospitals documents or certificates. An affidavit filled out by the enrolling adult, attesting to the child’s name and age, will also be accepted.
- Kansas Certification of Immunization: Kansas requires all children entering school for the first time in Kansas to provide their immunization records prior to admission to and attendance at a public school. A health assessment is now required for school entry for children through 8 years of age who have not previously enrolled in a Kansas school. View immunization requirements here.
Enrollment Information for Returning Students:
A District-wide enrollment period takes place during the month of July and early August each year as it is necessary for our student records to be updated with current student demographics and permission forms, along with collecting the yearly enrollment fees. Online enrollment is required for all returning and preregistered students.
Great Bend USD 428 offers Online Enrollment, which allows you to complete the enrollment process in the comfort of your own home. All returning and pre-registered students are required to enroll online. Fees may be paid online or returned by mail or in person to the District Education Center. Any outstanding fees must be paid prior to enrollment.
No computer or internet access at home? No problem! Computers and printers are available for enrollment at these public locations:
USD 428 District Education Center - 201 S Patton Road
Great Bend Public Library - 1409 Williams Street
*Documents to Read before completing Online Enrollment
- Chromebook Policy - Middle School/High School - Spanish Version
- Chromebook FAQ - Middle School/High School
- Acceptable Use Policy - All Students
- Emergency Safety Interventions - All Students
- Exclusion Policy - All Students
- Anti-Bullying Policy - All Students
- FERPA - (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
Additional Forms and Information
- USD 428 Exclusion Policy
- Kansas Statutes Related to School Immunizations
- Immunization Requirements for 2019-2020 School Year (English) - (Spanish)
- Dental Consent Form K-6 (English) - (Spanish) Download and sign if YOU WANT the flouride varnish and return to the school office.
- Vision, Hearing and Speech Screening Download and sign if you DO NOT want your child screened and return to the school office.
- Permission for Medication (English) (Spanish)
- Permission for Self-Administration for Allergy/Asthma Medications (English) (Spanish)
- Over the Counter Medication (English) - Required for the school nurse to administer or over-the-counter medications.
Athletic Activities - Health Forms
Physical form to participate in athletics
Guidelines and Release Forms
Applications for reduced price or free meals can now be completed online, Click Here. Paper copies can be picked up at the following locations:
- USD 428 District Office - 201 S. Patton Rd. -7am - 4pm - Ongoing
- Food Service Office - 2201 Broadway - 8am - 12pm - Ongoing
- Neighborhood School Office - 8am - 3pm - after August 1
To request school meal modification - Contact: Food Service - 2201 Broadway - (620) 793-1540