New Families to Our Schools:
Our goal is to make your transition into Great Bend Schools a positive experience!
We have friendly staff at each building prepared to help our new students get settled comfortably into our schools. Students new to the district should register for admission as soon as possible by going to the school building. At the school building you will be asked to provide a proof of residence, complete the necessary paper/computer work and pay school fees.
If you have questions about which elementary school your child will attend, please consult the boundary map, or call our District Education Center at 620-793-1500.
Kdg: 5 years of age on or before August 31
What you will need:
- Proof of Residency: Acceptable documents includes a current utility bill (gas, water or electric) showing the student’s address, or a current rental or purchase agreement.
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate: All students, including kindergarten, must have a certified copy of their birth certificate on file.
- Kansas Certification of Immunization: Kansas requires all children entering school for the first time in Kansas to provide their immunization records prior to admission to and attendance at a public school. A health assessment is now required for school entry for children through 8 years of age who have not previously enrolled in a Kansas school. View immunization requirements here.
Enrollment Information for Returning Students:
A District-wide enrollment period takes place during the month of July and early August each year as it is necessary for our student records to be updated with current student demographics and permission forms, along with collecting the yearly enrollment fees.
For your convenience, Great Bend USD 428 offers Online Enrollment, which allows you to complete the enrollment process in the comforts of your own home. All returning and pre-registered students will enroll online. Watch for enrollment instructions to arrive in your mailbox in advance of open enrollment. Please complete the Online Enrollment as soon as possible. Fees may be paid online or returned by mail or in person to the District Education Center. Any outstanding fees must be paid prior to enrollment.
No computer or internet access at home? No problem…computers and printers are available for enrollment at these public locations:
USD 428 District Education Center - 201 S Patton Road
Great Bend Public Library - 1409 Williams Street
*Documents to Read before completing Online Enrollment
- Chromebook Policy - Middle School/High School - Spanish Version
- Chromebook FAQ - Middle School/High School
- Acceptable Use Policy - All Students
- Emergency Safety Interventions - All Students
- Exclusion Policy - All Students
- Anti-Bullying Policy - All Students
- FERPA - (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
Additional Forms and Information
- USD 428 Exclusion Policy
- Kansas Statutes Related to School Immunizations
- Immunization Requirements for 2018-2019 School Year (English) - (Spanish)
- Dental Consent Form K-6 (English) - (Spanish) Download and sign if YOU WANT the flouride varnish and return to the school office.
- Vision, Hearing and Speech Screening Download and sign if you DO NOT want your child screened and return to the school office.
- Permission for Medication (English) (Spanish)
- Permission for Self-Administration for Allergy/Asthma Medications (English) (Spanish) Required for the school nurse to administer or over-the-counter medications.
Athletic Activities - Health Forms
Physical form to participate in athletics
Guidelines and Release Forms
Applications for reduced price or free meals can be picked up at the following locations:
- USD 428 District Office - 201 S. Patton Rd. -7am - 4pm - Ongoing
- Food Service Office - 2201 Broadway - 8am - 12pm - after July 25
- Neighborhood School Office - 8am - 3pm - after August 1
To request school meal modification - Contact: Food Service - 2201 Broadway - (620) 793-1540